At Allanson Street Primary School, we follow a code of conduct:
On our learning journey we:
Look after ourselves and others: we stay safe.
Treat everyone and everything with respect: we all matter.
Share, include and listen: we all have a voice.
Work hard and feel proud: we are the best we can be.
Allanson Street Values
Underpinning our code of conduct are our Allanson Street values.
A value is a principle that guides our thinking and our behaviour.
At Allanson Street, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values are intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every child throughout the school.
The whole staff team, parents/ carers and pupils are involved in promoting values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’. The values which we selected as our Allanson Street values are those which we see as key to enabling our children to lead happy, fulfilling, successful lives.
Through these values we aim to:
- Improve behaviour, conduct and self-confidence by developing strong values within our pupils.
- Develop children’s understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
- Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils
- Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them during their time in the school.
- Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting the ‘value of the week’ in newsletters and in the entrance foyer.
- Enable children to focus upon the positive aspects of themselves, thereby reminding them of their individual worth, their worth in the school and wider communities and the worth of those communities themselves.
- To raise standards by promoting a school ethos that is underpinned by core values which support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere
- To link our school values with the British Values.