Allanson Street Vision:
At Allanson Street Primary School, we give every child the life chances they deserve no matter what their starting point or the obstacles they may encounter.
Children leave us well equipped with the knowledge, skills and values needed to become happy, confident, productive citizens ready and willing to make a positive contribution to the world.
Our Allanson Street Values
In order to achieve our vision, and therefore enable our children to be the best that they can be we instil in them a set of 8 core values:
A value is a principle that guides our thinking and our behaviour.
At Allanson Street, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values are intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every child throughout the school.
Every member of our school family is involved in promoting our values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’. The values which we selected are those which we see as key to enabling our children to lead happy, fulfilling, successful lives.
Through these values we aim to:
- Improve behaviour, conduct and self-confidence by developing strong values within our pupils.
- Develop children’s understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
- Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils
- Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them during their time in the school.
- Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting the ‘value of the week’ in newsletters and in the entrance foyer.
- Enable children to focus upon the positive aspects of themselves, thereby reminding them of their individual worth, their worth in the school and wider communities and the worth of those communities themselves.
- To raise standards by promoting a school ethos that is underpinned by core values which support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere
- To link our school values with the British Values.
Our school is committed to developing individual potential within a happy, safe and stimulating environment where mutual respect and understanding towards others is encouraged.
Ethos and Values
Central to our ethos is the development of each individual. We promote high self-esteem within a caring environment. We foster a relationship of respect and trust so that children feel happy and secure. We value each person’s contribution, irrespective of gender, race or religion. Learning is sensitively and effectively implemented so as to encourage, support and motivate all children to achieve the highest standards.
Aims of the staff and Governing Body
- We aim to develop self-esteem so that all pupils feel happy, secure and respected.
- We aim to foster a relationship of trust and respect among all involved with our school community.
- We aim to provide a secure and caring environment in which all learning can be sensitively and effectively implemented.
- We aim to treat everyone equally irrespective or gender, race or religion.
- We aim to develop children who are happy with a positive attitude towards themselves, others and learning.
- We aim to prepare children for a smooth transition to the next phase of their education.